Welcome to Girls on the Run of Central Michigan
serving Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella and Midland counties!
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5K running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
News & Updates
Girls on the Run of Central Michigan is introducing our first Fall Season! Our season will begin September 19th, 2016 and will end with our 5K Celebration on December 3rd!
In order to host a program, each site is required to obtain a Site Liaison, (with principal permission)!
The Site Liaison can also be a coach but must have the time and flexibility in their schedule to meet the following job responsibilities:
- Student recruitment process
- Online registration process
- Support families with the online registration and fee collection process
- Submission of required forms and payments to Girls on the Run
- Meeting the team size requirements (15 girls per team)
- Ensure that the site meets all Girls on the Run compliance standards
- Support coaches in implementation of the Girls on the Run program (including curriculum and appropriate training space)
- Communication among coaches, participants, parents and the Girls on the Run staff
Deadline: August 1st, 2016
Those interested may apply here.